Albany of Union University
The Founder of AEON Law, Adam Philipp is a patent attorney and the head of the patent department at AEON Law. Adam has been involved in the prosecution of patent applications in the computer science, electrical devices, consumer products, blockchain, cryptography, cryptocurrencies, and related fields since 1998 and with Internet and technology related law since 1995. He also counsels clients on intellectual property portfolio strategies and infringement matters.
His varied practical experiences range from computer security, cryptography, distributed object oriented programming to kernel-level memory management. His area of emphasis covers a wide variety of patent, trademark and trade secret issues, with particular focus on network and security related applications. Typical clients of Mr. Philipp’s are software and technology companies as well as related inventors.
Mr. Philipp speaks fluent Hebrew and basic Japanese. He and his family live in the Seattle area.
- University of San Diego School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1995, Honors – Phi Delta Phi
- San Diego State University, Graduate Studies in Computer Science
- Tufts University, Bachelor of Art, 1991
- Patent Law, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Emerging Claim Formats For Software Inventions: Virtually Extraterritorial Reach for U.S. Patents Covering Internet -Based Inventions or Virtually Worthless, Aspen Wiley Intellectual Property Law Update, 2001
- Computer Software Protection and Trade Secret Misappropriation, Softlaw Outlook, 3.1, 2003
- Tough Times In the Tech World: Steps to Take to Maximize IP Value in a Tough Economic Environment, Softlaw Outlook, 1.2, 2001
- What to do with a Domain Name Record Once You Find One, Softlaw Outlook, 1.4, 2001
- Overview of Software Product-By-Process Claims, Softlaw Outlook, 2.3, 2002
- How to Find Domain Name Records, Softlaw Outlook, 1.1, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Washington Law & Politics Magazine, 2006
- League of Justice – Listed as one of “Washington’s Most Amazing Lawyers” by Washington CEO Magazine, 2006
- Lifetime member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Martindale Hubble Peer Review Rated
- AVVO rated 10/10