Sobirovs Law Firm
2006 - 2008
ON YOUR SIDE IN BUSINESS IMMIGRATION STRATEGY.
Rakhmad brings zeal and compassion to his advocacy of immigrant families and entrepreneurs. Combining his expert knowledge of the law and excellent managerial skills, he has championed the seamless provision of legal services and business opportunities for companies and individuals around the world.
As the Managing Partner of the Firm, Rakhmad oversees our business growth and strategic marketing activities.
EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLEʼS SKILLS AND LANGUAGE ABILITIES REACH VALUABLE CLIENTS.
Rakhmadʼs legal expertise focuses on matters of contract drafting and negotiation, corporate and commercial law, and international business transactions.
Rakhmad has honed his many years of experience working at a national air carrier, in various non-governmental organizations, as a lawyer with the International Criminal Court in The Hague, the Netherlands, and later, boutique law firms in Toronto. He represented commercial clients at a transportation law firm, supported the business of a leading aircraft manufacturer in Canada, and worked with various corporate clients at a reputable international law firm in London, UK.
He is fluent in Russian, Turkish, Uzbek and Tajik, and is conversant in French and Farsi.
CHANGING THE WAY PEOPLE IMMIGRATE TO CANADA.
In 2019, Sobirovs Law Firm launched ImmigrationShop - one of the latest projects that Rakhmad is promoting. This online platform will offer easy-to-use, intuitive visa workshops on every type of visa application. The result will be persuasive, more affordable, and accurate visa applications for workshop registrants who themselves want to immigrate to Canada, or hope to reunite with loved ones, start a new business, invest, or find a safer environment for their families in Canada.
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, Ottawa, Canada (2011)
- Master of Arts, Political Science, OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (2005)
- Master of Laws, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary (2004)
- Bachelor of International Law, University of World Economy & Diplomacy, Tashkent, Uzbekistan (2003)
- Bird & Bird LLP, International Aviation & Aerospace Group, London, the UK
- Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, Legal Services, Asset Management & Aircraft Finance, Toronto, Canada
- Fernandes Hearn LLP, Toronto, Canada
- UN Office on Drugs and Crime, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Bereskin & Parr LLP, Toronto, Canada
- International Criminal Court, Office of the Prosecutor, The Hague, the Netherlands
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe Secretariat, Vienna, Austria
- Uzbekistan Airways, Legal Department, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Turkish, Russian, French (basic), Tajik and Uzbek
- Law Society of Ontario