Steven M. Sweat, Personal Injury Lawyers, APC
1992 - 1995
In his practice, Steven focuses on personal injury, wrongful death and employment matters. For over 20 years, this has been his main focus. His experience, expertise and willingness to go the extra mile has earned him many awards and accolades in these past two decades including the following:
- Super Lawyer - Category: Plaintiff's Personal Injury: Bestowed by Thomson Reuters News Service and Los Angeles Magazine, the "Super Lawyer" designation is an honor given to less than 5% of attorneys practicing in the State of California. The selection process involves nominations from attorneys, judges and others in the legal profession who attest to the expertise and reputation of the lawyer. Thereafter, an intense vetting process takes place whereby an attorney's background, history and credentials are scrutinized. It is meant to be a legitimate way to recognize excellent legal practitioners in various fields. Steven was originally designated a "Super Lawyer" in 2012 and has been provided this honor every year since then.
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100: The National Trial Lawyers is a nationwide organization made up of some of the best trial attorneys in the United States. This honor recognizes significant achievement by lawyers practicing personal injury law. Criteria for membership includes proving a consistent track record of success in obtaining settlements and verdicts in personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum: This award recognizes attorneys who have obtained million dollar plus settlements and verdicts on a consistent basis.
- The Litigator Awards: This accolade highlights attorneys from around the country that are serious litigators who have a proven track record of litigation resulting in significant settlements and jury verdicts.
- Best Attorneys of America: This citation recognizes excellence in the legal profession for lawyers around the United States.
- Ethical Lawyers of America: Unfortunately, the "barrel" of the legal profession is sometimes spoiled by "bad apples". No one should ever bet he victims on an unscrupulous lawyer. Ethical Lawyers of America is an organization that strives to do background investigations on attorneys to assure that they are providing, "distinguished ethical practice in the legal profession."
Steven M. Sweat, Esq. is a nationally recognized and award winning personal injury attorney based in Los Angeles, CA. He is the president of Steven M. Sweat, APC. For over 20 years, Steven has been representing victims of negligence and wrongdoing recover monetary compensation for the torts comitted against them. He has sought justice for victims of motor vehicle collisions, negligent property maintenance, sexual assault and abuse, and many other types of legal claims. Steven is the winner of numerous awards including being named a Super Lawyer in the category of plaintiff's personal injury every year since 2012, admitted to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, named a Top 100 Trial Attorney, honored with the Litigator Award for excellence in legal advocacy and results in wrongful death claims, and many more. The firm represents catastrophic injury victims and the families of wrongful death victims throughout California relating to the following:
- Auto Accidents in the Los Angeles area
- Brain Trauma
- Bicycle Accident and Injury Claims in CA
- California Motor Vehicle Collision Injury and Death Claims
- Dog and Animal Attacks
- Elevator and Escalator Defect Claims Causing Bodily Harm
- Fire Catastrophes in Residential and Commercial Structures
- Motorcycle Collision Claims
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Mishaps
- Premises Accident Claims on Commercial and Residential Property
- Product Defect Claims
- Railroad Accidents
- Sexual Assault and Abuse Claims
- Spine Injuries
- Trucking and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- California Wrongful Death Actions
- Attorneys who deal with Uber Accidents
- Attorneys who deal with Lyft Accidents
- Wrongful Termination of Employment Attorneys in Los Angeles
Our main law firm headquarters is located in Los Angeles but, we have convenient office locations throughout Southern California including: Glendale/Pasadena , Palmdale/Lancaster , West Covina , Ontario/San Bernardino , Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk/Downey, Torrance, Huntington Beach/Orange County CA , and Chula Vista/San Diego. Our toll free personal injury helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 866-252-0735 and we can send someone to meet with you at home or in the hospital.