Judy Zimet - Law Student Ally
Law Student Ally
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
View On Google Maps
Law Student Ally
2009 - 2011
The Law Student Ally Approach
Law Student Ally matches you with a law school graduate who knows what you are going through and is specially trained to help you succeed.
What an Ally Does
Your Ally actively monitors your progress and advises you regarding any aspect of your law school career where you or your Ally feel you need assistance. Your Ally is your personal assistant, advocate, trusted advisor, mentor, and coach who:
- Listens to what you need and helps you get it
- Prepares you for law school classes before they begin
- Reviews study material and assignments
- Diagnoses learning tangles and helps clarify difficult material
- Gives advice on how to best prepare for exams
- Helps schedule and prioritize tasks
- Uses education-based diagnostics to recommend strategies for effective learning
- Looks for opportunities to win competitions, scholarships, and recognition
- Monitors syllabi and sends reminders of upcoming assignments and tests
- Monitors the academic calendar and sends reminders of upcoming deadlines
- Reviews outlines and one-sheets
- Recommends study material and supplements
- Guides internship selection and application
- Recommends lifestyle changes to free more time
- Takes existing writings and looks for opportunities for publication
- Provides guidance with business etiquette, networking, and interviewing
- Guides you toward your career goals
How It Works
- Communication is key. Your Ally continually seeks to learn your strengths, weaknesses, goals, wants, and needs.
- Share all syllabi, schedules, and relevant school work and communication so that your Ally is fully informed of your responsibilities. Your Ally monitors your work and gives you structured, constructive feedback. Your Ally addresses your concerns, helps you prepare for the future, and focuses on increasing your efficiency while decreasing your stress.
- At least once a week, your Ally talks with you to listen to your needs and to help you meet those needs. Your Ally is trained to ask the right questions and to determine the best way to make your law school experience more successful. Your Ally is always available to assist you in finding solutions to any aspect of your law school experience.
Why It Works
There are two types of people you encounter in law school:
1. Those who have time to listen and help, but don't know what you are going through or how to help you, and
2. Those who are going through it with you and are too overwhelmed with their own work to help you with yours.
Law Student Ally Is Tailored To Your Needs
Law Student Ally looks at your classes, your syllabi, your outlines, your briefs, your assignments, your exam schedule, your law school goals, your career goals, your home life, your social life, and your dreams and helps you organize, prioritize, and perform to your best ability.
Is Law Student Ally For Me?
The program benefits students who:
- Want to maximize time and earn higher grades to increase career opportunities
- Are feeling enormous stress as they struggle to stay afloat
- Juggle work, family, and law school
Law school is the most intense educational challenge you ever experienced. The volume of material you are required to master is massive. Law Student Ally provides a total approach to meet the challenge by matching you with a person who has a Juris Doctorate and knows how to help you earn yours as well.