THE EMPLOYERS LAW GROUP
The Employers Law Group is a California law firm specializing in employment law and human resource solutions. At The Employers Law Group, we are dedicated to delivering excellence and value to our clients.
What We Do
- We counsel small to medium-sized businesses on all aspects of employment law and human resource (HR) issues
We focus on compliance, prevention and litigation avoidance
We work closely with clients to identify areas of risk and implement preventive best practice strategies to minimize legal exposure
We conduct independent workplace investigations of allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and other alleged workplace misconduct
We conduct management and employee training workshops on a variety of employment law and HR-related issues
- We represent employers in employment litigation as well as in connection with government agency audits, investigations and inspections
Innovative Billing Options
We provide our clients with practical, affordable and cost-effective legal counsel, including innovative fee options like flat-rate and fixed fee pricing. For example, as an alternative to the traditional hourly billing model, we offer a variety of fixed fee Preventive Best Practices and Litigation Avoidance Protection PlansTM.
Employment Law Practice Areas
Among the various employment law and HR-related issues we regularly handle, include:
- Employee recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring processes
- Background investigations
- Employee handbooks and personnel policies
- "At-will" offers of employment
- Employment contracts agreements
- Independent contractors and contingent workforce arrangements
- Wage and hour issues (including: overtime, rest breaks and meal periods, "off the clock" issues, deductions from employee pay, tip-pooling, exempt vs. non-exempt classifications, etc.)
- Performance, corrective counseling, discipline and termination
- Unfair competition and trade secrets
- Leaves of absence, disability accommodation and related issues (FMLA/CFRA, disability, military, workers' compensation, etc.)
- Harassment, discrimination and retaliation
- Drug testing and substance abuse
- Workplace violence
- Furloughs, workforce reductions and other cost-cutting measures (WARN, OWBPA, etc.)
- Investigations of workplace misconduct
- Safety and health
- Workers compensation
- Employee privacy
- Arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution
- Defense of management in employment litigation and government agency audits, investigations and inspections (including claims filed with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and other similar state and federal agencies)
- Compliance reviews/HR audits
- Training programs and workshops
About Stefan R. Miller
Stefan Miller is the founder and principal of The Employers Law Group and has spent his entire 14-year legal career practicing exclusively in the area of employment law representing employers in a variety of different industries (e.g., communications and high technology, restaurant, retail, manufacturing, construction, staffing/recruiting, electronics, entertainment, automobile, food and grocery, health care, consulting, freight forwarding and international logistics, medical billing, banking) and professions (e.g., medical, legal, accounting, actuarial, teaching/education and engineering).
Some of the larger representative clients that Mr. Miller has defended or otherwise represented the interests of in connection with employment law matters include: Federal Express; AT&T Corp.; Safeway Inc.; Lucent Technologies Inc.; The Vons Companies; RadioShack Corporation; Mastercard International; Avaya Inc.; International House of Pancakes; Kaiser Permanente (Southern California Permanente Medical Group); Kragen Auto Parts; and ITT Educational Services, Inc.
Serving All of California
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), The Employers Law Group serves clients throughout California.