Resume of Attorney Ralph A. Barbagallo, Jr.
A graduate of the John Breen Grammar School in Lawrence, Massachusetts (1956). A graduate of Central Catholic High School, Lawrence, Massachusetts (recipient of the History Medal for highest accumulated average in History - 1960). A graduate of St. Anselms College, Manchester, New Hampshire (1964 elected to Who's Who American Colleges and Universities). A graduate of Boston University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts (1967) with a Juris Doctor Degree.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Massachusetts: All State Courts. The Federal District Court for the 1st Circuit. 1st Circuit Court of Appeals. Supreme Judicial Court.
- New Hampshire: All State Courts. U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire. The State of New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2012 Established the blog personalinjuryadvisorblog.com
- 2012 Member of the Legislative committee of The N H Bar Association
- 2005-2006: President of the Rockingham County Bar Association.
- 1992 to 1998, 2001 to 2002: Rockingham County Governor with the New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association, Chairman of the Judicial Review Committee
- 1992: Appointed by Governor William Weld to the Massachusetts Judicial Nominating Council-Eastern District
- 1983: Engaged in the private practice of law with concentration Present in the field of personal injury, including products liability and malpractice in Massachusetts & New Hampshire (since 1988)
- 1988: Admitted to New Hampshire Bar.
- 1983: Appointed Special Town Counsel for the Town of North Andover, Massachusetts.
- 1978 to 1983: General Counsel for the Lawrence Redevelopment Authority responsibilities included preparing all legal documents necessary for eminent domain takings and the trial of land damage cases.
- 1968 to 1983: Engaged in the general practice of law in the areas of real estate, divorce, personal injury, civil and criminal trials.
- 1980: Appointed by presiding Justice Albert P.Pettoruto in the Essex County Probate Court to sit as Master to hear domestic relations cases.
- 1980: Received Appraiser's Certification from Bentley College.
- 1972 to 1974: Participated in the Essex County Public Defender Program in the Lawrence District Court.
- 1968: Admitted to Massachusetts Bar.
- 1966: Legal Intern with Attorney General Edward Brooke.
CIVIC, FRATERNAL AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Justinian Law Society
- Member, American Bar Association
- Director, Rockingham County Bar Association
- Member, Hampton N H Chamber of Commerce
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Rockingham County of New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, Salem New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, BMI
- Member of Nashville Songwriters Association International
- President of the Cash Energy Condominium Association
- Past Vice President Republican Club of Massachusetts
- Past President Lawrence Musician's Union (1973-1975)
- Past Delegate from Local #372 to the Lawrence/Haverhill Central Labor Council and to National Conventions of the American Federation of Musicians
- Past Director
- Leonard Bernstein Scholarship Committee
- Citizens League for Adult Special Services (CLASS)
- Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
- International Institute
- Justinian Law Society
- N H Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Member Massachusetts Conveyancer Association